Planning and installing your biomass hot water heating boiler system
Once you have contacted 7 Energy we will:
- Visit and assess your property
- Provide you with a document that will give you an initial illustration of the following information:
- The type and size of biomass boiler(s), including boiler room and fuel delivcery/storage systems*, that will be suitable for your installation
- The estimated cost of the system fully installed
- The system's potential energy generation
We can provide you with a copy of a typical Budget Estimate if you contact us and provide details of your project.
*Most biomass boiler systems are designed to be housed in boiler rooms (or a prefabricated external housing structure), they should not be considered as a kitchen appliance. However, our systems are usually considerably smaller than many others.
Proceeding to the next stage we would carry out a detailed site survey, recording the following:
- Site details
- Planning information if required - for Energy Box or for listed buildings
- Energy generation information
- Property energy usage
- Delivery information
- Documentation list
- Site hazards & risk
- Energy summary
Conducting this detailed site survey will enable us to discover any potential problems with your property at an early stage of the project and therefore allow us to take these problems into account when providing a final quotation to you.
Also during the detailed survey particular attention is paid to any special planning requirements. We will also advise you regarding any supporting Building Regulation documention that may be required for biomass boiler installations.
Planning is not normally required for wood pellet / biomass systems however, if your property is a listed building or in any of the following areas additional planning investigations may be required.
After the detailed site survey is completed you will be issued with a detailed site survey report and a final fixed price system quotation.
The fixed price quotation will include the following information:
- Fixed overall price
- Time period quotation is valid for
- Breakdown of components and price
- Payment Terms and schedule
- Project work schedule
- Company terms and conditions
On acceptance of our final quotation:
- A deposit will be required (Payment 1)
- 7 Energy Ltd will then contact you to arrange a mutually convenient installation date
- You then pay the Balance of Products, at least 2 weeks prior to the agreed Installation Date (Payment 2)
- The wood pellet boiler system will then be installed and commissioned at your property
- You then pay the Completion of Installation Payment (Payment 3)
- Once commissioned, and payment of cleared funds have been received in full, all commissioning documentation will then be sent to you together with the operation and maintenance manual